Monday, December 11, 2017

Hello all,

You know that scene in the Forest Gump movie, after he has run across the country a few times Forest stops, looks up at the sky,  and he simply knows he is done? After going to Oregon for two weeks, waiting out bad weather for another five days back in Austin, last Saturday I finally got on the bike and rode out to Bastrop, TX, and I had that very "I'm done" moment: although mine was as I woke in yet another hotel bed. "The romance wore off" a friend said, and that describes the feeling as well as anything.  

So this will be the last post. Thank you all for your kindnesses and support.  

A few photos: 




A funny little sculpture coming into Bastrop TX. 

A mail box, I like the design. 

That is real slate on a curved roof. Wonderful design and execution! 

On the wall at Hostelling International in Austin. 

Pop and Easy. This was Easy's first day with me, about 13 years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello all,

You know that scene in the Forest Gump movie, after he has run across the country a few times Forest stops, looks up at the sky,  and he sim...